UNISONActive is an unofficial blog produced by UNISON activists for UNISON activists. Bringing news, briefings and events from a progressive left perspective.

Sunday 3 October 2010

Fallin Lives by Mike Jenkins‏

This factree's grindin me dead,
it's pummellin me down,
it's got metal treads,
my skin's jest dust.

They're wieldin ewge blades,
they're cuttin ev'ry wage,
they're swingin demolition balls
forcin us t work all owers.

My ead's a buildin crushed,
when I afto work night shifts
I ave nightmares when I'm awake
carn sleep with noises of the day.

Nobuddy's joined a Union
an nobuddy stan's up to em :
slike a 20th century never appened
in-a town of Dic Penderyn.

I ardly go out no more, mun,
all my money on food an rent ;
makin thin's but ower lives fallin,
carried off in trucks an dumped.

http://www.mikejenkins.net/