UNISONActive is an unofficial blog produced by UNISON activists for UNISON activists. Bringing news, briefings and events from a progressive left perspective.

Saturday 8 January 2011

Mind-bending reality by Tim Richards‏

You find weirdos in all sorts of places.
I found some in my college
on the Corporate Board.
I didn’t understand why it was called that
but after a few meetings
I realised why, as I ended up
really corporate bored.
Anyway, they were going on about
how well the college is managed
and suddenly I thought, hang on,
What are they on?
Mind-bending drugs?
The college management
haven’t got the faintest idea
about the college or management.

Their reality was not mine.
That’s when I made the breakthrough.
Yes, they must be doing drugs.
But what are they taking?
Whatever it is, they ought to let me into the secret.
I’d like to try a dose of that.
I have been trying to work it out
and have finally decided
that they are into some cracking stuff.
They are injecting serious money,
mainlining mega-bucks.
I have come to the conclusion that
the money-drug they feed themselves
produces a new chemical high
called bull-shit which creates
an altered state in which
paper mountains hide
them from reality.

They look and sound
as if they are real sober people,
but they’re really a bunch of weirdos.
It is seriously worrying.
These people are out of control.
They stress their power
by stressing me out
So, confronted by control addicts,
I retreat and respond
with a sense of humour,
recognising their banality,
while fighting for reality.

http://www.iforbach.demon.co.uk/index.html