UNISONActive is an unofficial blog produced by UNISON activists for UNISON activists. Bringing news, briefings and events from a progressive left perspective.

Sunday 22 September 2013

In memory of Claudia Jones by Peter Blackman

She said
I walk with the humble
Yet no in humility
We scale the winds
My feet shall be
No swifter than their feet
My limbs shall share
No strength that is not theirs
When we move we move mountains

I live that men may walk together
Work together love together
Live possess this earth together
Till this be done
I may not rest
Till murder sleep
I may not rest
While children weep
A hungry shame unwept
I may not rest
Till this be done
No task too bitter
Nor any way too sore
Myself small purchase of sure victory

Speak to me of death
When I am dead
Then only
Now
I cannot understand
Nor bid death’s pride daunt mine

Here room is not spread for tears
Here amid the dust the heart sings
Out of the darkness a voice cries
Light answers light
leaping from peak to peak

http://www.irr.org.uk/news/restoring-peter-blackman/